Remember back in the day when it was cool to have those super thin eyebrows? Well... yea, those brows are no longer trending and big bushy brows are definitely in right now. Unfortunately since some of us may have tweezed our brows off, we rely on filling in our eyebrows to give the illusion that we have perfect eyebrows. However... this technique is not as easy as it looks being that sometimes it may look way too penciled in giving the brows the sharpie effect, the boxy look, or the angry face arch.
I was once guilty of bad penciled in eyebrows in which my little brother was the one who called me out on it. It was a full intervention where he even passed me the makeup towelette and demanded I wipe off my brows. It's been so many years of tweezing, shaving, threading, and waxing my eye brows that I lost my natural shape and needed some serious help. Luckily, I was invited to check out Mayra's Art Beauty who is best known for repairing eyebrows in the Miami, FL area.
After some dedicated time of waxing, trimming and tweezing, the brow specialist was able to find my natural arch. Since I am still in the process of growing out my eyebrows, I was taught how to correctly fill in my brows. Check out the step by step list below.
- Step 1: Shaping your eyebrows. Ideally your brows should start along the side of your nose and should end alongside the outside of your nose to the outer corner of your eye. For a better understanding, check out the face chart above.
- Step 2: Brushing. By using a spoolie brush to comb your brows you can see any bald spots that need to be covered.
- Step 3: Pencil In. Use a pencil color that best matches your brows to create short dash-like strokes to mimic a hair texture. This technique will fill in any bald spots. Mayra's Art Beauty also offers a semi-permanent option of this technique that can last 2-4 weeks.
- Step 4: Shade In. With an angle brush, fill in the inside to define the shape of your brows.
- Step 5: Style in Place. Set the look with a brow gel.
- Step 6: Define your brows. Trace around the brows with concealer to achieve a sharp and clean look.